Frequently Asked Questions
Because Envirol Hand Sanitiser goes above and beyond to meet the requirements of the World Health Organisation and the Therapeutic Goods Association.
Our hand sanitiser is:
- Made with 80% Ethanol
- Meets the requirements of the TGA Therapeutic Goods (Excluded Goods – Hand Sanitisers) Determination 2020
- Is cleared for use in medical and healthcare facilities
- Has been independently tested to and passes antimicrobial testing (EN1500 & EN13727)
- Is manufactured in Australia by Envirol
Envirol products are available for purchase Australia wide. You can either purchase our products online 24/7 or alternatively visit our Sydney Head Office & Trade Centre (Envirosystems) at 295 Princes Highway St Peters NSW 2044.
Not all hand sanitisers are the same – the effectiveness of alcohol-based hand sanitisers depends on the formulation and amount of alcohol. Envirol hand sanitiser is formulated to the WHO guidelines and meets TGA requirements.
Refer to the TGA Hand Sanitiser: Information for Consumers for more information.
Yes, Envirol Hand Sanitiser is made to the WHO guidelines.
Yes, Envirol Hand Sanitiser meets the TGA requirements for use in medical and health facilities.
If a hand sanitiser claims to be “suitable for use in medical and health services”, it must either be regulated by the TGA, or it must meet specified formulation, manufacturing, labelling and advertising requirements (which Envirol Hand Sanitiser does).
Yes, Envirol now manufactures an alcohol free hand sanitiser.
Envirol Alcohol-Free Water Based Hand Sanitiser kills 99.9% of germs without the need for water while moisturising the skin leaving a fresh lemon myrtle scent.
Envirol Alcohol Free Hand Sanitiser uses two active anti-bacterial agents (quaternary ammonium compounds/benzalkonium chloride) that work together synergistically to provide efficacious antimicrobial action without any harmful effects on the skin.
They are rapid acting, gentle in nature and unique in that they are effective with short contact time against a large number of typical gram-positive and gram-negative bacterial organisms.
Together their mechanism of action is as follows:
- They bind to the bacterial cell wall, causing disruption of the membrane culminating in cell death.
- They penetrate the bilayers of the bacterial cells and cause leakage & lysis and disrupt the essential cell processes and cause death.
They are rapid acting and suitable for control of bacteria in both rinse off and leave on applications.
Yes, Envirol is certified Australian Made.
Envirol Hand Sanitiser is manufactured with 80% Ethanol.
We also have an alcohol free version of our hand sanitiser that contains no alcohol.
Envirol 80% Ethanol Hand Sanitiser has undergone testing to demonstrate antimicrobial efficacy in both in vitro and in vivo test methods and has passed both tests.
The tests undertaken are below.
- The European Standard EN13727. This method requires a reduction in viable counts of test organisms (Escherichia coli K12 (NCTC 10538), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC 15442), Enterococcus hirae (ATCC 10541) and Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538)) of ≥ 3 log units under dirty conditions for a hand wash product and ≥ 5 log units under clean conditions for a hand rub product
- The European Standard EN 1500 for hygienic hand rubs. This test requires the reduction in transient organisms (Escherichia coli K12 (NCTC 10538)) produced by the hand rub to be not significantly smaller than that produced by a reference hand rub with propran-2-ol 60% v/v.
If you are after more information about the tests Envirol has undertaken or would like confirmation of the results, please email our team at email@example.com
No, Envirol does not test on animals.
Envirol 80% Ethanol Hand Sanitiser has no added fragrance.
Envirol Alcohol Free Hand Sanitiser is made with lemon myrtle essential oil and giving it a fresh lemon scent.